Supports new start-ups by providing:
- Guidance in developing a solid business plan
- Comprehensive and customized local market research including demographic and economic trends for business planning
- Referrals to relevant local, provincial & federal business resources
Attract new business by:
- Highlighting Nanaimo’s competitive advantages for business
- Providing relocation and site selection services to incoming companies
- Facilitate business connections to key community players, organizations, stakeholders and resources.
Promote nanaimo as:
- A premier destination for new business and residents
- A community with many competitive advantages to do business
- A location that has an unparalleled quality of life
Foster Business Retention & expansion by:
- Listening and responding to business concerns and providing customized solutions on a wide range of topics.
- Identifying businesses at risk of leaving the community and working with them to resolve issues
- Work with businesses considering expansion or with expansion potential to remove barriers and assist in successfully expanding operations
- Providing assistance in exploring new export markets. Assisting clients in accessing incoming and outgoing trade missions.
- Gathering feedback from local business to monitor Nanaimo’s business climate
- Work to create and foster a friendly business environment in the community
FILM & television IN THE NANAIMO REGION
The first point of contact for filming is the Nanaimo Economic Development office which provides coordination of various stakeholders.
The City's Economic Development office works in partnership with INfilm Commission to facilitate film production in the Nanaimo Region. Services include: Database of cast & crew, suitable film locations, licensing and permitting.
To access the filming application, location worksheets and business licence requirements, please see the links below. Note that completed documents will be submitted to the Service & Resource Centre, Engineering Department at 411 Dunsmuir Street, Nanaimo, B.C.
To apply for a filming permit and business licence, go to the City of Nanaimo Film Applications. If you have any questions about filming in Nanaimo, please contact:
Economic Development Officer
City of Nanaimo
411 Dunsmuir Street, Nanaimo BC V9R 5J6
T: 250-755-4465 | F: 250-755-4437 | C: 250-713-6949